Apply for internship
About the Sorenson Impact Center
The Sorenson Impact Center with the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah envisions a thriving world where all people are valued, communities prosper, and the measured impact of our actions guides decision making. The Center advances global impact through innovation in impact investing and finance, public policy and government spending, and corporate and social sector behavior with organizations across the globe, and utilizes world-class data science, impact storytelling and collaboration as key tools. As part of its mission to train future impact leaders, the Center integrates academic programming and experiential learning into each of its practice areas.
Film students will assist the film team to plan, produce, and edit films that tell meaningful stories in the social impact space. As a film student intern, you will be assisting in the pre-production, production, post-production processes. Our team utilizes Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve and After Effects for our post production. Students have the opportunity to engage with real-world clients, develop as storytellers, filmmakers, and editors while building their portfolio. We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, and creative individual to join our team that is able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Students on our team are entrusted with tasks for real client projects and are expected to meet deadlines, be organized, and communicate in a timely and professional way.
- Students receive an office gmail account and are expected to keep your google calendar updated, respond to emails quickly, and be proactive in their project work. The schedule is very flexible.
- We don’t micromanage students, we trust you to work at the times that are best for you, but do expect a high level of work.
- A big focus of our student program is also skill development, so we expect students to identify specific areas of learning and put in the work to demonstrably improve in that area
- Experience with Adobe Premiere
- Some experience with the creative process from ideation to deliverable
- Experience in Multimedia Organization
- Basic Production experience
- Experience in After Effects and, or, Davinci Resolve preferred
- Students must commit to working 20 hours per week for a minimum of two semesters
*The dynamic nature of work means the student experience becomes more valuable with deeper levels of engagement. To facilitate this experience, students are expected to commit to working 20 hours per week for a minimum of two semesters (continuation beyond the first semester is dependent upon meeting the appropriate level of performance).
**The Sorenson Impact Center strongly encourages diverse applicants (please circulate widely), especially those who self-identify as Black, Native or Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, non-binary, living with disabilities, neurodivergent, young, speak English as a second language, and others from overlooked / underestimated communities.
*** Due to legal restrictions regarding student employment under certain Visa statuses, Sorenson Impact can not guarantee our ability to pay international students. For international students potentially selected, we commit to working with you and your institution to determine our ability to adequately compensate you for your time and energy. Please reach out with any questions.Impact can not guarantee our ability to pay international students. For international students potentially selected, we commit to working with you and your institution to determine our ability to adequately compensate you for your time and energy. Please reach out with any questions.